Export to Europe
You already export or planning to expand to Europe. That is easier said then done. In spite of a single currency (Euro = €) within the European Union, Europe is still difficult to understand for non-EU companies.
Each European country still has it’s own legal, fiscal, cultural, lingual, infrastructural and social structures. This results in fiscal, social and economical competition between EU member states.
Selecting the most appropiate European business/logistics location is critical for your profitability and overall competitiveness in Europe. Following aspects should be taken into consideration when selecting your European business location:
- European fiscal and tax regimes: different in each European country
- European VAT = value added tax: each European country has a different VAT rate
- Legal possibilities for European VAT deferment: The Netherlands allow this since many years
- Postponement of European import duties
- Cooperation and interaction level between business & customs authorities
- European warehousing & logistics costs
- Accessibility to efficient logistics and travel infrastructure
- Labour costs, wages, social laws, unions and regulations
- Proximity to your targetted markets/customers
- Political stability (including government, unions, strikes and laws)
- Stability of financial/legal/fiscal infrastructure
- Level of crime and corruption
- Protection of intellectual property rights
- Business climate (networking, universities, schools, support organizations)
- Positive living environment for international business & private life
- Availability of multi-lingual, well educated, skilled and professional workforce
- Up-to-date digital infrastructure
Since many years The Netherlands are the most desired and preferred European business and logistics location for many international companies.